Friday, February 8, 2013

What Suzanne Whang Wants You to Know


It's heartening to know when someone who has struggled with cancer treatment makes it through and comes out on the other side. I wrote about Suzanne Whang's struggle with cancer in previous posts. Most people know her from her stint as a host of HGTV's "House Hunters", but she's also an actress and comedian. She brings something unique to the cancer table, not just because she's a comedian with a wild streak, but because she actually has a BA in psychology from Yale and a Masters in Cognitive Psychology from Brown.

Imagine my surprise when I found a message from her this morning in my inbox, responding to an old query. One of my readers wondered how she was doing and wanted me to find out. And today, I did.

Ms. Whang reports she's cancer-free. Wow, that's fantastic. No matter how many times I hear that kind of news, I never get tired of it. One more person who made it through the dark night to the new morning. One more person to continue to share her unique talents with the world. How lovely.

Better still, she says she's writing a book about her experiences. You just know it's going to a positive impact for cancer patients and their families. I'm looking forward to getting her take on all the ups and downs of cancer treatment.

She would like you to know that she has too many Facebook friends, but if you'd like to follow her, you can on her Twitter page -- @suzannewhang. You can also email her at gookwaffle@gmail.com

(I'm guessing from her email address that she's still thumbing her nose at political correctness and social etiquette. Not a girl to invite to the cotillion. No, she's too much fun for that. She'd be out back, doing her impressions of the debutantes. Fine by me. I'd be right there in the audience, laughing my &%$#*!>{ @^^ off....)

No comments:

Post a Comment